Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Finally a productive day!!!

Well, after a very long stretch of not having anything to write about I finally had a break through! I have been rereading a bunch of my Writer Mag magazines and one piece of advice stuck out to me: 

Write even when it's a bad day for writing - especially when it's a bad day for writing! Your ideas will return, and blossom, but you have to fight for them. Fight for them, and they will rise to the top.

(Well, it was along those lines at least. I may have tweaked it on my take-away.)

Tonight, I did exactly that - I fought for my ideas to come. I was a blank. Staring at a blank page, g-chatting, and trying to stay off of Facebook,  when I decided to get a little inspiration from pictures. I Googled "Life" and scrolled until a story came. As strange as it sounds though, I have written the end first. That is what popped in my head - the very ending paragraphs to the entire book. It's a bit hopeful in the end, I think, but it is going to be a horror book. I have always wanted to write a book that people would want to read at Halloween. 

Let's just hope that my muse sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment