Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Test

Recently, I have stumbled upon a story that I really like. Stumbled may be inaccurate, because it has been in the back of my mind for a long time now. It centers around a woman who is living a simple life and then finds herself plunged into a dark world of murder and lies. the thing about her though is that she is not missed. She has people in her life, just not any in the same city as her, and there is a little 'out of sight, out of mind' going on. She realizes this at one point and then has to then save herself.

In the process of my writing this story though, I got a little curious. How long would it take for the people that I love the most to realize that I was gone, that something was wrong? My test was a little more simple... I asked myself how long would it take for a  blood relative or one of my best friends to actually call me? While waiting for someone to call I am not texting anyone back, chatting online, or doing anything other than looking at my news feed on Facebook.

This test is still going on.

It just shows how much one's writing can influence my real life. I infuse myself into these worlds I create, and it's getting harder to take myself out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment