Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Family Predicament

     I suppose that I should just be very thankful that I not only have a family, but that I like them, and that they like me enough to invite me to stay with them to see special events in their lives. And I am… I swear. The thing about it is that I have not written a word since I got here a few days ago. Utah and family and not really having anything that I HAVE to do everyday has become a horrible combination. I didn't want to bring my computer on such a short trip, I figured that I could use one of my sibling's computer if I really needed to (like right now, I have commandeered my sister-in-law's computer).
   
     Alas, I have not even really thought about writing since I arrived in Utah. I did bring with me a story journal to help me stay on track, but that track has turned into a huge and empty void in my mind. Which brings me to believe that maybe I am so very susceptible to a complete distraction from my writing. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing - a sign of my sanity or lack of true commitment and desire to move forward.

     I go home to Portland in the morning, or the next morning… I fly standby on a friend's flight benefits. Hopefully, I will be able to et back into my groove that I had going when I left. Maybe even make a new one that works even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment