Saturday, January 25, 2014

Journaling

My writing has been going well. I hit a groove that I think will last for a little while.

I just wanted to insert something in here about my journaling ways.

I love my journal. I do not think that I would be nearly as sane as I am now without that outlet. As a writer I think that the journal is a very important part of the process. There is so much potential there to discover new truths about myself and the world around me that I may not have seen otherwise. I can be completely honest in my journal, and with that comes the freedom to express myself without fear of backlash.

I was just thinking about this the other day as I was starting a new journal. I have boxes of them sitting in my parent's garage at the moment. I always get a sense of anticipation and new beginning when I start a new one though. It is like having a random new year.

As an avid journaler I also have a journal fro every story I write. Maybe it is overconfidence, but I also have the problem of buying as many as I can all the time. Even when I do not have a story to go inside of them. But the help that I get from having them when I need them is irreplaceable. I have gotten into the habit of writing in my story journals when ever I am away from the computer/ home.

I rather enjoy this little habit that seems to have branched out into many areas of my life. I rather recommend it to everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment