Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Unexpected Inspirations

     

 It is the end of day six of my goal of writing everyday. A goal I have not done very good at. I am not sure why I thought that this would be so easy, but it has most definitely not been. The weekend was tough, and as much as I would like to say that I sucked it up like a big girl and did what I said I would - I cannot. I basically took the weekend off writing in my stories. I did manage to get a blog post out on my main blog page (http://onlytimewilltellthetale.blogspot.com/), but other than that I got nothin' to show for it.

      Today, today was different. One of my best friends came to visit me randomly from Wyoming and I thought I was going to be able to rationalize in my head again not doing my writing. Thankfully, I was wrong. It turned out to be a rather short visit, more of a layover between flights, and I found myself with plenty of free time to do it. Did I start immediately after she left? Of course not.

      I was trolling around YouTube for awhile, and suddenly I just had this scene in my head. It was a wedding, in the woods, and there were otherworldly beings there. The stars looked like they do in pictures we get from the Hubble Telescope. I could not get this scene out of my head. I have no clue what may happen before or after this scene, but I did the intelligent thing and at least got the scene down. It even exceeded my goal word count for the day - so bonus there.

      The funny thing is that part of me has been waiting for something to just pop into my head since I started this, and now that it has I don't have a clue what to do with it. I feel like I have this excellent story that wants to come out, but I only know the end for some reason.

      If I do have a muse helping my creative juices, I am pretty sure it is messing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment