Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 2

      I started out doing well. I did my junk writing almost right after I woke up this morning. Getting the 1000 words in was harder. I actually have interrupted my writing for the day to write this post before midnight. I am not done with it, but will be continuing with it.

      I don't know why it is so hard for me to do the writing. I love to write, and it is not like I get terribly blocked when I am. I want to blame it on a short attention span, but I feel like that is not it. This is something to explore.

      One thing that I want to start doing is "The artist way" course. If you have not heard about it, The Artist's Way is a 12 week self directed course to enhance one's creativity. It is not even solely directed at writers, but at anyone who wants to be more creative. The book ties it in with a spiritual experience of sorts. The goal is to make you a creator yourself. I have actually owned the book for many many years, as well as the two sequels, and it was not until yesterday that I ever opened it and actually read more than a few paragraphs. I think it is worth a try, and if nothing else I have tried something new for the next 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment